Guidelines to assist members
Cofellow's purpose is to assist individuals in becoming the people they aspire to be and in contented and satisfying lives by connecting them with supportive communities. Nevertheless, for this to occur, Cofellow necessitates that groups, topics, and events adhere to our fundamental requirements:
- A group or event should provide members with opportunities for self-improvement, which may include raising awareness about a specific topic, exploring new places, learning or teaching new skills, expanding one's skill set, meeting new people, building a community, advancing one's career, volunteering for a noble cause, offering mutual support and nurturing passions, pursuing personal or leisure objectives, and promoting physical fitness and an active lifestyle.
- Be open and honest about an event's or group's intentions.
- Events and group organizers must be honest and transparent with their members so that everyone is on the same page.
- The names and descriptions of groups and events must accurately convey enough information to allow members to make informed decisions about their participation. These include, at the very least, being clear about The activities, interests, and intentions of the group; The membership requirements of the group; Whether there are any fees or dues; When a group maintains an affiliation with a business, organization, or any other third party, it is required to furnish this information.
- If Cofellow receives reports that a group is not accurately disclosing any of this information, we may have to remove the group.
Prohibited topic, group, and event
We cannot support a few communities on our platform for safety, legal, or ethical reasons. If Cofellow determines that your group or its events fall into one of the following categories, we may remove the group at our sole discretion.
- Do not support any of the following topics, groups, or events.
- Topics, groups, and events must not contain, facilitate, or promote illegal or violent activity, such as Purchasing or selling firearms or drugs, Pyramid schemes, Physical assaults on others, Abuse of animals, or Acts of vandalism.
- Must not contain or promote content that could endanger public or personal safety, such as Advocating for, inciting, or threatening to commit violence against any group of people, person, or specific location
- Weapons and explosives Making threats in response to private or public events
- Promotion or glorification of self-harm Promotion or glorification of self-harm
- Must not contain or promote content that incites hatred, violence, or harassment against individuals or groups of people because of personal characteristics such as race, color, religion, descent, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, disability, or a medical or genetic condition.
- It must not contain content that promotes, provides, distributes, or recruits terrorist organizations.
Harmful and Inaccurate information
Topics, Events, and groups must not contain or promote content or events that promote medical misinformation, such as:
- Guarantees of physical or mental healing
- Unrealistic claims about health, diet, and weight loss
- Claims that have been scientifically debunked and may endanger public or personal health
Topics, Events, and groups must not contain or promote content or events that include financial guarantees, such as:
- Guarantees of financial gain
- Specific promises of return on investment
Misrepresentation or hidden motives
Topics, Events, and groups must not contain or promote content or events that conceal or misrepresent the group's or its events' primary purpose, such as:
- A topic, event, or group formed with the explicit intent of disseminating inaccurate or deceptive information.
Sexual exploitation, pornography, nudity, or sexually explicit material
Topics, Events, and groups may not contain or promote content that facilitates sex trafficking, prostitution, or any other form of sexual exploitation.
Pornography or publicly shared nude or sexual photos are not permitted. If a group's identity or lifestyle involves nudity or sexuality, organizers must consistently supervise and maintain the group's privacy to limit access to this content to its members. Visibility settings for mature interest groups must always be a private group.
Avoid sending unsolicited messages to others
Spam is content sent to a member that is irrelevant, impersonal, unsolicited, promotional, or repetitive, and organizers who spam members may be blocked.
Here are some examples of inappropriate spam messages:
- Sending members repeated or unsolicited messages.
- Sending promotional messages, such as promoting a group or event to members who are not members of that group or event.
- Abusing an announcement or invite features by inviting members or non-members that are irrelevant to the group.
- Creating a topic, group, event, or account to promote products, groups, or events from one to another.
Use Respectful Language
Use of offensive language, including but not limited to attacks, sexual content, or vulgarity, in group, topic, and event titles, descriptions, comments, or any other publicly visible areas is strictly forbidden.
Intellectual Property Rights
We respect the intellectual property rights of others. Posting content that violates these rights is prohibited. Cofellow will take action by removing or deactivating accounts that infringe on others' intellectual property rights when furnished with the required information and may permanently suspend accounts of repeat offenders.
Membership and restrictions
We take member account privacy seriously and have strict rules regarding who can access or create an account. Please be aware that we reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to suspend or remove any account or restrict access to certain features on the platform for any reason.
Policy for Deceased Members
If a member or organizer dies, Cofellow cannot provide access to their account, even to family members or people acting on the estate's behalf. If a family wishes to close accounts or groups or transfer them to another member, we will work with them and honor their wishes.
Cofellow reserves the right to remove a member if we learn that the member is a convicted sex offender or has been found guilty of a violent, fraudulent, or dangerous crime. We may also remove a member due to a criminal record, safety concerns, or other factors. If members suspect any criminality or illegal activity, they should promptly report it to the relevant authorities.
Participation of those under the age of 18
Members and organizers of Cofellow events or groups must be at least 18 years old. As a result, groups or events must be targeted and only offer opportunities to those over 18 years old.
While activities for families are welcome at events or groups, Children must be under the supervision, guided, and accompanied by an adult guardian.
Community foundational standards
We strongly believe that the Cofellow community should receive a warm welcome, respectful treatment, and an enthusiastic environment for connecting people, both online and offline.
Here are the foundational pillars of our social media community:
- A compassionate community free from bullying, trolling, and bigotry.
- Think carefully and challenge ideas rather than people.
- Make an impression while respecting everyone's time.
- Be genuine in your interactions with others.
Your posts will be removed from the platform if they violate our principles. You will receive a private notification, guidance, and support to adjust your future actions to maintain your community membership. Should there be a recurrence of such violations, you may face suspension.